Access Statement For Amerden Caravan & Camping Park
Welcome to Amerden Caravan & Camping Park; we are a small family run level grass site at the side of the River Thames.
• Please be aware that because we are down by the River the nearest form of public transport is 1.25 miles away.
• The nearest shop(which is a supermarket) is 1.5 miles away.
• There is constant traffic noise as the M4 motorway is nearby.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Reception is situated straight ahead of you as you drive into the park. Please stop and report your arrival.
• There is a bell on the outside of reception to alert the Warden.
• Please mind your head on the low door frame.
Main Entrance & Reception
• Reception is situated 80 metres from the entrance, where the Warden can be contacted via the outside door bell.
• There is a small step of 8cm to access reception.
• The door to reception is 72cm wide and 1.8 metres high, so please mind your head!
• The counter is at a height of 96cm.
• Local information is on display and the Warden is happy to answer any queries.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
• There is a washing up area with three sinks at a height of 89cm.
• There is a small kitchen area with a fridge, a freezer and a microwave in it, accessed via a 20cm stepped entrance.
• The entrance to the kitchen area is 1.8 metres high, so please mind your head.
Public Areas – WC
• There is one toilet block containing four toilets, four sinks and three showers(one of which is an extra large shower cubicle and one of which is an extra large toilet cubicle) in both the mens and ladies, with the addition of a urinal in the mens.
• The entrance door to both toilets is is 86cm wide and 1.98cm high.
• The wash basins are at a height of 80cm.
• The showers have an impact button at a height of 1.12 metres.
• The hair dryers are situated at a height of 1.3 metres.
• Pizza, Chinese and Indian take aways are available for delivery to the site by local restaurants and the menus are available at reception.
• There is a small laundry area containing a large sink, washing machine and dryer and an an ironing board and iron are available from reception on request.
• The sink is 89cm high.
• The nearest shop is Sainsbury’s supermarket and is 1.5 miles away.
• We have a small childrens play area with swings and a slide on a wood bark base and partial fencing round it.
• The River Thames is two minutes walk away, where you will find Bray Lock, where you can sit and watch the river traffic or you can walk/cycle along the Thames Path to Windsor or Maidenhead and beyond.
• Fishing is available in season with the appropriate rod license.
• All the touring pitches are on level grass, with electricity available to all.
• There are three roofed water huts around the site with the taps at a height of 90cm.
• The bin and recycling area is on the right hand side of the toilet block.
• The chemical disposal point can be found at the right hand side of the gents toilets.
Grounds and Gardens
• The site is 3.5 acres in total and is interspersed with fruit trees.
• Parking is next to your unit.
• Booking is essential during the summer.
• Address: Amerden Caravan & Camping Park, Old Marsh Lane, Dorney Reach, Maidenhead. SL6 0DZ
• Telephone: 01628 627461
• Email: Beverly@Amerdencaravanpark.co.uk
• Website: http://www.amerdencaravanpark.webs.com
• Hours of operation: Open from 1st April to 30th September
• Local accessible taxi numbers: 01628 665522
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please email Beverly@Amerdencaravanpark.co.uk